Sunday, August 03, 2008

My 'Indonesian' Weekend

Yesterday, I went to a christian Indonesian gathering. It was the first time for me to get to know some Indonesians who live in Finland, though it wasn't my first time to see them. I saw them first time at the Indonesian embassy in Helsinki when we were celebrating Christmas last year. However, I didn't manage to speak to many of them since I was too shy to start the conversation. I only spoke to 2-5 Indonesians there. I don't think that they still remember me, though, after that short conversation we had.

I was so happy that finally I could get more Indonesian friends here in Finland. Most of them are really nice and friendly. However, there was other whom I don't really like, since the way they act was bothering me. :( I failed to understand why a person could look at me as if I am her rival, though I feel I haven't done anything or said anything that turned her spirit of competition on. Was it just because I have similar education background as hers, so that this person felt she won't be special anymore among the Indonesians who live here in Finland? Or was it something else that I can't even figure out? Oh, well..end of the day, people are just people. Some are nice and some other are not. That's simply the fact of life. Therefore, I won't let my self to get irritated just because that person pushed my buttons.

Another disappointment was that we were expecting to have Indonesian food there, but it turned that we had something else than Indonesian food. Perhaps the host just wanted to underline how Finnish the host has become now since the host has been living here in Finland for ages. :p hohohoho... Nevertheless, I love the ice cream I had there, though. ;) Plus, having more Indo friends had brightened my day yesterday. :) Happy weekend.

0 comments:

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template