Friday, August 08, 2008

Nice Weekend With Friends

I had a nice day today with my american and ukrainian friends today. I invited them to come over to my place for a lunch and I'm happy that they came. I made puff pastries with minced meat filling, indonesian chicken soup (aka Soto Ayam), indonesian hot chicken in coconut milk (aka Rendang Ayam) and green curry chicken with vegetables for the main course. I baked chocolate molten lava cup cake for our dessert and served them with the ice cream that my ukrainian friend bought. She also bought some ukrainian cookies for us to enjoy. They were yummy. My american friend brought the soft drink (Jaffa orange) that completed the enjoyment of eating the food.

We catched up lots of things, but it was mainly about sharing our grieves on studying the language in the class, since we're classmates. I'm just so happy that I have them and that we can understand each other's struggles and feelings. We alll used to feel lonely since we didn't really have friends when we came here first time, but now we're glad that we found one another and be friend with one another. I love knowing that I have friends who can understand me, my cultural background, and who accept me for who I am.

Hope you guys enjoy the nice weekend. :)

0 comments:

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template