I'm just so happy that finally I could eat the 'real Indonesian' food there, after I have been living in europe (to be exact, in Finland) for a year. I've been trying to find indonesian restaurant here in Finland, but we simply can't find it. It's easier to find chinese and thai restaurants here. That's why I'm so happy when we found many indonesian restaurants in Amsterdam. :)
There we also visited the flower markets, where they sell many kinds of flowers including tulip bulbs. We bought two packs of tulip bulbs for my in-laws since they have a garden at their house. Moreover, my FIL loves flowers and gardening. I'm sure he will like to plant those tulip bulbs on his garden. We also saw the beautiful canals there, since Amsterdam has plenty of canals.
On the last day, we visited the old royal palace in Amsterdam. The previous queens and kings of Holland used to live there. Nowadays the queen and her family do not live in that palace anymore. Now the palace looks obsolescent as you can see from the last picture below.
Here are some pictures of the Amsterdam's canals.
The canal picture below is taken from inside the tram.
Here is me with the windmollen and a canal behind me. ;)
The view of Amsterdam from our hotel room.

The old royal palace (Koninklijk Paleis) in Amsterdam.
In my view, Amsterdam is a good place for young couples who have no kids. There are lots of restaurants and cafés. However, there are also lots of night clubs, coffee shops (the cafés where people sell hallucinogens/drugs infused coffee and cakes!) and sex shops that show lots of adult-content materials. Therefore, Amsterdam is not a children-friendly place, but still a good place to visit during short holiday for young couples since there are also some nice tourist objects, such as canals, palace, beautiful tulip garden in Keukenhoff, windmollens, museums and art museums.




2 comments:
I like your pictures! They are very nice and I love the canals and windmills :D
Have a Blessed weekend!
Thank you, Jes. :) I love them, too. ;) Have a blessed weekend to you,too. :)
Post a Comment