I had the boat trip to a small island and had picnic there with all my classmates and teacher on last thursday, 19/06/08. Our class wasn't the only one that had the picnic, but also several other classes. The picnic went well, as each one of us brought the food and shared with one another. :)
On Friday, we didn't go anywhere else but stay at home till 10 p.m, then we went to a nature park near Kauhajoki. It was so peaceful since there was only a few people there and we were by ourselves in the most beautiful spot of that nature park. We grilled sausages there while watching the beautiful scenery of lake and midnight sun and enjoying the peaceful surrounding. :)
On Saturday, my hubby and I went to Keuruu to see the bible camp. It's an annual huge bible camp in Finland for the Finnish christians. We visited each tent and browsed some new christian cd's and books, but we didn't end up buying them since I couldn't find the cd that I want to buy. We were eager to listen to one sermon on Friday evening in the other tent, but my feet were so sore. My hubby wanted me to wear my heel shoes and I didn't think that we had to walk that far that made my feet so aching. :( So, we ended up going back to Jyväskylä and we missed the sermon. Hubby was so cranky because of missing the sermon. He didn't blame my feet for that, but he blamed me because he was asking me before we went to Keuruu whether it is ok for me to walk on my heel shoes for longer distance and I replied 'yes' to him. I said 'yes' to him because I thought I just need to walk for maximum 10 minutes, but I was shocked that I had to walk for more than 10 minutes on my heel shoes! Back in my home country and even in Australia, ladies will wear heel shoes when they go to party or office which distance is still walking distance and that they don't need to walk for more than 10 minutes. The crazy thing is that hubby insisted that many european ladies are able to walk more than 10 minutes with heel shoes on! Ok, he might be right, but I ain't european! I need time to adjust myself! Even when I have fully adjusted to european and live the way we live, still it doesn't make me a european. Sometimes I wonder, does he even understand that???!!!
Oh, well..luckily everything went well on Sunday as we went back home to Vaasa.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment