Sunday, December 09, 2007

My First Christmas Party @ Indonesian Embassy in Helsinki

Last week we went to Helsinki for attending the Christmas celebration at the Indonesian Embassy. It came to my surprise that there were more Indo people who live in Finland than what I thought. I assumed that there are about 50-70 Indo people in Finland, but I was wrong! :o The embassy staff told me that there are around 200 Indo people live in Finland at the moment. Moreover, I thought that I was the only Manadonese who live in Finland & again I was totally wrong. :p I met one Manadonese lady who are also married to a Finn. She's much older than me (perhaps she's my mum's age), but she was nice.

After the Christmas celebration, my hubby & I went to see one nice married couple of Indonesian guy & Finn lady who live in Helsinki. We never met each other in person before that evening. We were so happy to have them as our new friends. :)

The day after, we went to visit my old friend who lives in Lempäälä with her husband. We were classmates when we were still in the last year of highschool. Somehow it feels like a dream for me to see her again since we had never seen each other for 8 years! Surely eight years ago none of us had the idea that we were going to see each other again in Finland and that I'd ended up being married to a Finn. :p hohoho...

Another nice thing also happened during this week. My hubby had been cooking yummy food for both of us pretty often in this week. Finally I discover his hidden tallent. :p I've never been so pampered like this until this week. ;) I'm really sure that I'd become fat if I keep eating the food he cooks! I started to become addicted to his yummy Italian food! I can say that he cooks Italian dishes better than I can, exception for baking since I can bake Italian dessert much better than he does. ;p Oh well..I should stop now. I'm too sleepy to continue writing now.

0 comments:

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template