Friday, October 26, 2007

Famous French Food = SNAIL!

If you don't have any clue on what the famous French food is, let me tell you this. It's not the croissant or whatever fancy food you may think, but snails. A SNAIL? Yes! You may think it tastes so bad & disguisting - I thought that way, too, before I tasted it for the first time!

Last Monday my hubby took me & Yuichi to a Finnish restaurant in Tuuri for dinner after we went to Ähtäri Zoo to see Nordic animals. The restaurant is inside the famous big village shop in Tuuri. Unlike most Finnish restaurants, it has such fancy & romantic decorations just like French restaurants. None of us had the idea what kind of food it offers. We simply thought that it just offers either traditional Finnish food or the fancy ones. But then we found that the restaurant has not only Finnish food, but also French food. I had a veggies salad w/ mozarella cheese, my hubby had a snail soup, and Yuichi had a lobster soup. None of us had ever tried eating snail dishes, so it was also the first time for my hubby to eat that.

He ate one spoon of his snail soup, while me & Yuichi were starring at him to see how he would react on the taste of his food. Then we saw he was smiling to us & said,'Does anyone like to try this dish? It doesn't taste disguisting at all. It tastes really good & its texture is chewy like a mushroom.' It took me a minute to say 'yes' to taste Ismo's food. Then Ismo spooned the 'snail soup' to my mouth & I was thinking, 'oh, no! It can be worst!' As soon as it was in my mouth, I found that the snail didn't taste disguisting like I thought, but so yummy since it was cooked really well so that we could only taste the taste of the herbs seasonings & the sauce, but not the original taste of the snail. So, my hubby was right! It taste like a cream mushroom soup! So yummy! Those food we ate were the appetizers. We then proceeded to our main courses & had a glass of fine wine for each of us. Mmmm...what a dinner! :)

0 comments:

 
Dear Diary Blogger Template